Tuesday, June 23, 2009

ABBAS: GET DOWN (ANGLOHILI ARTIST OF THE WEEK)


Since the K-South Days, Dobeez has not lost a touch of what he did back in the late 90's. He is a prolific Hip Hop emcee who delivers and is simply in the category of Kenya's best emcees. I have been in touch with Abbas a.k.a Dobeez a.k.a Majina Mengi since last year when I paid my motherland a visit. Honestly, how come's none of these Promoters based abroad book him for shows? I tried convincing few promoters here in Germany to book him for a show and these bumz (Sorry for my language) simply asked: "Who is Abbas? Never heard of him? Let's get Logombas (Again no disrespect to the Logombas).
I am happy to post Abbas leading single "GET DOWN" off his upcoming LP simply called "Mr Abbas". Thanks Kirsty for the hook up. I heard the joint a while ago and the word play is on a different level. I have been told a video will be released soon and all I can say at this point, Abbas will be coming soon to Germany for a concert courtesy of yours truly.......myself. It's the high time we welcome other artists and give them a chance. No wonder the Nameless/Pili Pili show few weeks ago couldn't pull a crowd, or should I say this was one of the biggest flops witnessed thus far. People are tired of seeing the same Artists all the f***ing time. This is a wake up call to them "so called Promoters". Abbas willa also be on my team of performers during my KENYAWOOD Tour in Kenya this August. Press play and simply get down son!!!

GET DOWN - ABBAS

No comments: