Wednesday, March 11, 2009

K'NAAN: PUTTING SOMALIA AND AFRICA ON THE MAP

People always relate Somalia with negative issues: A country torn apart by war, Pirates who hijack every damn ship, refugees who flee their country to search for "greener pastures", poverty etc. But what about music? Honestly there is no other Somalian artist that I can name. Few years ago I heard about K'Naan and I smelt a talent fish in the pot. K'Naan latest album "Troubadour" was no.2 on the Hip Hop sales charts behind Joe Budden's "Padded Room". K'Naan has a unique style of delivering his message. My favorite joint is "America ft Mos Def" where dude spits in Somalian language. I myself considered Somalian a pretty agressive language. Afte this listening to this song, this somehow changed my mind. Get K'Naan's new album, I mean BUY THE ALBUM and support a brother. Africa, Yes we can!!!

No comments: